1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 creating a tempo change

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Edgold, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Edgold

Edgold Senior member

I can do it manually of course but I want to create a smooth ritard from one place to another, maybe in the course of a measure or two. I've forgotten how to deal with this if I ever really knew.

3. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

You could do this in the global Tempo track or in the Tempo Operations window. The Tempo track is pretty straight forward - post if you have questions.

4. Edgold

Edgold Senior member

Thanks Doug but I really wanted to know if there is some way to tell Logic the beginning and end tempos and have it put in the information at a certain resolution. I'm aware that this is best done with the flex tool but that's a manual input method and I thought there might be a shortcut.

5. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

Yes, it actually automation. You can set the initial tempo, and the end tempo.

The tempo will change over time, you have to open up the global tempo track to make changes.

:thmbup:

6. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Hmmm...

Not sure what you're trying to do. If, for example, you have a tempo of 100 at bar 9 and want it to gradually increase to 120 at bar 17, the methods I mention work perfectly - in fact, you can shape the ramp, either a straight line or some type of curve.

Adjustable resolution is available as well in both methods based on beats and subdivisions.

7. Edgold

Edgold Senior member

Thanks GW and Doug! With your help I've gotten it to work quite well. I didn't understand that the tempo track should be open and I've set it by locators at a sixteenth note resolution.

Ed