Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating separate cue mixes in Logic/Studio

Discussion in 'Studio Techniques' started by orcasound, Apr 25, 2010.

1. orcasound

orcasound Member

Not sure if anyone has dealt with this - I am upgrading my studio to accommodate 6 separate phone mixes to to the talent - I;m running Logic 9 , with MOTU 2408mkIII, 24i/o and 308 - with 2 rosetta 800's, Everything monitored /controlled through a Danger Monitor Control. - which handles my current talkback duties nicely. - In addition monitoring through the MOTU/ I am able to reamin latency free for tracking.
    I am going budget with these additional phone mixes - looking at maybe a presonus HP60. I plan on feeding the cue out of the dangerous to the main input of the HP60 (or brand x headphone amp), and THis will carry my current cue mix to all 6 channels of the headphone amp. Next I plan on setting up 6 AUX sends/mixes in Logic so that I can create the "more me" flexibility that I need.
    My question involves 2 things - 1. if I'm already sending out the cue mix from the Dangerous - wont there by something strange going if am sending the same signals out the auxes into the headphone mixer as well? - meaning - my main cue mix out of the dangerous contains basically exactly what I am hearing in Logic plus the addition of the talkback (which is located on the dangerous front panel. - so lets say that the bass is already coming through that channel - then the bass player needs more - so I add that to this headphone mix/aux that I set up in Logic - won't the fact that the signal is doubled -create an issue.? My second question - Will I now have a latency issue by sending these mixes to the live room via Logic AUX's
    I think my brain is hurting trying to rap my brain around the routing here.

thanks

kj
    orca sound
    abingdon, md usa