Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Crossed solo button

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Rafa, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Rafa

Rafa Senior member

Hello mates,

What's the deal with this crossed solo buttons on the channel strip? Every once in a while a channel will be created with this strange red cross over the "s" button that makes that channel "un-soloable" (that's a strange looking word). How do I make these weird solo buttons become good ol' solo buttons?

Rafa

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

What you are referring to is solo safe. This is used to protect channel strips from having their signal muted when another channel strip is solo'ed. It can be toggled by control clicking on the solo button of the channel strip concerned. I have experienced channel strips apparently solo protect themselves for some reason which I haven't been able to figure out.

kind regards

Mark

4. Rafa

Rafa Senior member

Thanks a lot Mark, this was driving me mad!
    And with a such an easy fix like this one, now I'm twice as cool :hippy:

5. Gio

Gio Member

Yeah, Ive seen this behaviour since Logic 6.
    I even reset my whole 'audio enviroment' thinking I brought over a bug from 5.5, but for me object 12 (audio object 12) will always solo safe. even after i ctrl click it to unsafe it, after a few edits it'll go back to solo safe.
    Grrrrrrrr,
    Ciao
    Gio

6. Eli

Eli Senior member

I've just been encountering it over the last few days in Logic 9 on a new project that was started from an "empty project" - no environment, no nothing!

7. Rafa

Rafa Senior member

What we need is some cybernetic gene mutation because this thing appears to be embedded in Logic's DNA!

8. Eli

Eli Senior member

Or, in the absence of that, some Borg nano probes.

9. Rafa

Rafa Senior member

Yeah those are cooler!
    :cool:

10. pfloyd714714

pfloyd714714 Senior member

It is an irritation. Could it be all that difficult for Apple to address it? Or have they not received enough complaints?

11. Markdvc

Sure is ...

That is something only a Logic programmer can really know.

Voila:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/logicpro.html

:)

kind regards

Mark

12. Rafa

Rafa Senior member

I already filled out this form. What is amazing is that Logic 9 isn't on the list of Logic versions! I found that hilarious (and depressing)

13. pfloyd714714

pfloyd714714 Senior member

Thanks, Mark. I have duly made my irritation known to the Apple gods, albeit in a most urbane, respectful manner.

Jim

14. Markdvc

15. Rafa

Rafa Senior member

This is great Mark, really neat! What exactly is an Apple KB document?

16. Tonmeister

Tonmeister New Member

Rafa, it stands for Knowledge Base, Apple's collection of support documents.

Had this issue today in Logic 9.1.5, hopefully Logic X will make it more predictable/work as expected.

17. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Another Solo Safe Problem...

Several self-solo-safe tracks appeared in my latest piece, so I searched the Forum and found your replies. Only problem is, when I Control-click the slashed Solo button, it doesn't toggle to normal solo mode, I get this:

NowWhat?.png

Any suggestions?

18. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

OK never mind, Control-clicking the Solo button only works in the Environment page, not in the lower left of the Arrange page. I'm going to leave my question and solution up though, in case someone else finds themselves scratching their heads over the same misunderstanding!