1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossfade problem when Drag mode is set to x-fade

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by benst, Sep 8, 2013.

1. benst

benst New Member

Hi,

Starting with v 10.0.0, and still present in 10.0.3, I'm having a problem with the crossfades made by dragging multiple audio regions at the same time. Drag mode is set to x-fade, and I'm trying to move a couple of audio regions of the same length and starting point to the left over some other audio regions with the same end point. What happens is that I get different x-fade times for each track. See attached image.

This worked just fine in v9. I have already sent feedback to Apple, but the recent updates have not resolved this.

Maybe I'm just overlooking something? Or is this really a bug. It is really a show stopper for me when editing multitracked audio, and I have to revert to v9 for this.

Thanks for any insights,
    Ben

Attached Files:

3. benst

benst New Member

Can anybody at least confirm this?

Thanks,
    Ben

4. benst

benst New Member

I made a new user, recorded some tracks, and the same thing happened when moving several audio regions at the same time. So I guess it's a definite bug. Odd that nobody else seems to have the problem.

How do other people edit multitracks? Just overlap and then apply the fades manually?

Ben

5. lucansmiles

lucansmiles New Member

Hi!

Yes, I can confirm this bug! It's been bothering me since 10.0.0 and hasn't been fixed yet for me either. It's a shame because I do a lot of vocal editing with dozens of stacked vocal tracks, and every time I try to move multiple regions at once, I end up with this weird fade-bug...

I reported the issue to Apple as well! You're not alone!
    Let's hope this gets fixed very soon...

Regards,
    Lucan

6. benst

benst New Member

Ok, thanks for confirming this. I haven't found a workaround either.

Ben

7. benst

benst New Member

It looks like 10.0.5 finally fixed this!

Ben

8. lucansmiles

lucansmiles New Member

That was the first thing I looked out for in the release notes before installing ;) Glad it is fixed now!

Lucan