1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cuckoo track.

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by peterlemer, Aug 25, 2013.

1. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

Here is a screenshot of my latest tidy version of current project.

look at the 4th track: 18: SAX sum

below that is an unnumbered track of the same name.
    I can't get rid of it.

Why is it there, and how can I get rid of it?

tia

pete

Attached Files:

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Looks like it's a track stack with only one track left in it. Try flattening the track stack?

4. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

The image I sent showed it flattened AIUI.

Here is an image with it opened.

I am unable to select the cuckoo track, except to rename it :) (fred)

Could it be because the Track Stack includes a software instrument?

(later)

no, I deleted that track and the cuckoo remained.

time for a bug report?

pete

Attached Files:

5. mt100uk

mt100uk Senior member

Is it an automation lane?

6. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi Peter,

How did you flatten it?

From the manual:

Flatten a Track Stack
    You can flatten a Track Stack, in which case the subtracks again become normal tracks.
    [snip]
    Do one of the following:
    • Select either the main track or a subtrack, then choose Track > Flatten Track Stack from the Tracks area menu bar.

• Control-click the track header of the main track or a subtrack, then choose Flatten Track Stack from the shortcut menu.

7. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

Peter,

I don't think you've done anything wrong and the only way to fix things might be to quit Logic and reboot your computer at worst.

I have found v10.0.2 has some very strange display bugs. I changed screensets and the Track Header area became so wide that the Arrange area and regions were no longer visible. When I tried to resize the area, the volume sliders and panpots were duplicated several times and still filled most of the screen. I kept swapping screensets until it resolved.

You should just report this and hope that 10.0.3 arrives quickly....

8. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

Eli: sorry, I misunderstood your advice and now understand it, and have flattened the Stack - which was not part of the problem:

mt100uk: nail on the head. This track is an Automation subtrack. According to the manual p. 534, we can create as many of these as we want. I must've clicked the little triangle at some point without understanding it's true purpose. Very handy tool! thanks.

Colin: not a bug, a useful feature! :)

9. Colin Shapiro

Useful feature indeed - glad it's solved.

10. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

are automation subtracks/lanes new to X or have they been there for a while?

11. Colin Shapiro

They've been there since Logic 7 at least. You enable Automation, then click the little triangle to open a new lane and choose a different automation parameter.

12. mt100uk

mt100uk Senior member

Glad to hear it helped. Had a guy come in with a logic (9) track to mix who insisted he had over a hundred audio tracks, turned out it was only 40 once the automation lanes (unused) were collapsed!

Mike

13. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

thanks. I wonder how many other features I've missed! :)

pete