Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Cycled recording w. autopunch?

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by oortone, Jun 2, 2009.

1. oortone

oortone Member

When I do a cycled recording using autopunch I only get a recording the first run. Why is that? Cycled recording works fine when I'm not using autopunch.

I have the autopunch range placed inside the cycled range of course.

3. johnpitcairn

johnpitcairn Member

It's been broken for a while now :-(

4. Multispace

Multispace Member

Also I wish you could cycle-record with every cycle having a pre-roll. Now it's only the first cycle that gets a pre-roll.

5. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

A workaround could be to switch off pre-roll and start your cycle a corresponding number of bars early.

kind regards

Mark

6. Multispace

Multispace Member

But then you record over audio that you actually want to hear before the recording starts. You could make a new audio track and then do what you suggest.

Thanks anyway!

bye,
    Mark

7. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Definitely - is there any reason not to?

kind regards

Mark

8. Multispace

Multispace Member

Well, if you just want to re-record a certain part of, say, a vocal, because the singer has difficulty getting that part right, you may want to cycle that area with pre-roll. But if you have to make a new audio track for every time that occurs, then that's not really efficient and handy.

bye,
    Mark

9. oortone

oortone Member

I find that quite disturbing in an application that's called "pro". It's quite basic stuff; cycled recording with punch in.

It happens from time to time that updates affects basic behaviour of a program, but those thing should be fixed in a week or so.