Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X decouple tracks

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by edurbrow, Dec 24, 2015.

1. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

How do you decouple tracks? I've got two tracks and if I solo one the other solos. This happens all the time. I've taken to avoiding using the duplicate create track button because of this. But this audio track is coupled with a midi track. How did that happen?
    Lost in Logic.
    TIA,

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Check your mixer. Are both tracks selected?
    Only the first Track Header of several selected tracks is indicated as a selection in the Main window. All are indicated as selected in the Mixer.

If that's not the case, are the tracks grouped? You'll see a group number for both in the group slot in the mixer. If so, then click to Open Group Settings.

4. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

Hmm. Somehow they are decoupled now. I don't know what it was. I checked what was selected in the Mixer and Main Window. In my project they seem to have no relation at all, the first of what is selected in the Mixer or anything in the mixer seems not to be reflected in the Main Window. The group thing is something I'll watch out for.
    Is there any cure for the same channel strip problem when creating tracks? It would be nice to create the same track setup but not have them all turn on and off together.
    cheers,

5. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

I think the best way to understand this is to create a new empty project and insert one software instrument. This avoids the clutter present in a large project.

Open the mixer so you can view what changes or not when using various track menu commands to create new tracks.

In the Track menu>Other, New Track with Duplicate Settings creates a new track in the Main Window tracks area, and a new channel in the mixer. Solo is not linked.

Track>Other>New Track with Same Instrument creates a new track but not a new channel in the mixer as this new track is referencing the existing channel strip. Solo for these tracks is linked in the Main Window.

The above is true when selecting channels in the mixer. Shift-clicking when selecting tracks in the Main Window will indicate all selected.