1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Delay with Samson CO3U USB microphone on Logic Pro 8

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by CROWN, May 4, 2010.

1. CROWN

CROWN New Member

Hi can you please help? I am having a problem with my microphone having a delay when recording vocals. It's the Samson CO3U Usb microphone and I've managed to get it working but I'm having a problem with the mic delaying when im recording vocals. I'm using Logic Pro 8 and don't understand why this is happening. Can anybody please help? :(

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

THis probably means that you need to adjust the I/O Buffer setting.

Go to Logic -> Preferences -> Audio

- then try a lower setting, start off with perhaps 128.

kind regards

Mark

4. CROWN

CROWN New Member

Ok thanks Mark, I will try that and see where I get with that. Do I tick Safety Buffer?? And also do I set the recording delay to Zero on the audio page?

Thanks

5. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Leave it unticked - it actually raises the Buffer, increasing latency, and is no longer present in Logic 9.

kind regards

Mark

6. CROWN

CROWN New Member

Ok thanks. Will try that once I get home

7. CROWN

CROWN New Member

No luck

Hi. I tried what you said last night but it still didn't work. It seems to work for a few minutes then the delay starts again. Any other suggestions? Is this a common problem with usb microphones?

Thanks

8. Eli

Eli Senior member

Are you maybe putting some latency inducing plugins in your signal chain somewhere "after a few minutes" once you have a track or two down? If so, check where they are in your signal pathway and set your latency compensation accordingly. This may or may not be the source of the problem.