Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 delete audio okay?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by edurbrow, Nov 24, 2011.

1. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

I'm in the middle of a recording session right now. With each new piece, I've been 'saving as' and renaming because I want to keep the same track setup. At Save As time, Logic asks me if I want to delete the audio. I've been checking keep, because I sure don't want to erase what they've recorded. But, I suspect I'm duplicating all the audio we've recorded in each take. Can I safely say delete?
    TIA

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Check out the Assets page in your Project Settings. You can select what you want included and excluded.

FTR, I routinely do a save as (with a different project name version number appended to the name) as I am working. I save into the same parent project folder and am never prompted with these messages; they all share the same project audio files etc folders.

I generally don't save assets other than project specific audio files, since I generally work on the same workstation with the same libraries available to me at all times. This may or may not suit your needs though.

I do include additional assets for archival reasons sometimes or when I ned to move a project to another studio, or when someone is bringing a project to me, or when I've modified some EXS 24 instruments, etc.

4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Sorry, I forgot to include a screen shot of the assets page:

Attached Files:

5. edurbrow

edurbrow Senior member

Ah, saving into the SAME project folder is the ticket. I see.

Thank you.