Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Digidesign C24

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by LarryPT, Jul 8, 2010.

  1. LarryPT

    LarryPT New Member

    I'm a PT HD user that just ordered Logic 9 and want to know if the C24 control surface works with Logic 9. Any users or experience with this??
  3. georgelegeriii

    georgelegeriii Senior member

    I don't have any experience with this, BUT you do know that Logic Pro support was dropped by Digidesign during the last few updates, don't you?

    now is about the worst time to do this (not that Digi HW support for any 3d part app was very good ever).

    Sorry for the news,

    George Leger III
  4. LarryPT

    LarryPT New Member

    I will perhaps regret buying it, but the academic price is so good that I can't pass it up. I know I'll still do 90% of my work in Pro Tools, but I'm hoping to integrate Logic into the other 10%!

    Thanks for the info
  5. georgelegeriii

    georgelegeriii Senior member

    Well, if you use the PD hardware in core audio mode, you can still use Logic like anyone would, and I think you'll fine that Logic has better plug-in efficiency that RTAS, and that Logic will allow you allot more AU instruments than PT will, and by quite a margin.

    I use both, Logic for creation and tracking, PT for mixing (if I don't just use Logic, or need more power than I have, but with a few UAD-1 cards,and a UAD Duo, I have plenty)

    Protools is awesome for allot though, editing, and some things.

    Either way, welcome to the wonderful world of (il)Logic Pro, our favorite app to both love and hate. And of course, the LUG, which is the BEST place to get answers. There and a number of long timers here (and even a few since the Atari days of Notator).

    George Leger III
  6. zerobeat

    zerobeat Senior member

    Digidesign control surfaces only work with ProTools software. Digidesign won't allow 3rd parties to support them.

    And as of ProTools 8.03 , Digidesign no longer allows 3rd party support for their TDM hardware via DAE (but you could still use it as the world's most expensive CoreAudio interface). This has actually made a bunch of people realize how awful DAE was with Logic, and how excellent CoreAudio is, in spite of losing the DSP horsepower of the TDM cards.
  7. LarryPT

    LarryPT New Member

    Maybe I'll just install it on my laptop and use it with my MOTU 828 and be done with it.

Share This Page