1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Digital distortion issue – temporarily fixed by changing buffer size

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by tastic96, Oct 14, 2015.

1. tastic96

tastic96 New Member

Hi there,

I am using Logic Pro, version 9.1.8 (1700.67) (32-Bit), which I recently installed on my MacBook Pro (specs below).
    Mid 2012
    2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
    OS X 10.9.5 (13F1112)

I am using an old mBox interface (Digidesign mbox 2 mini), just to record demo vocal and acoustic guitars, it shouldn’t be too much for my CPU, especially since I recently pimped my laptop with extra ram and a flash HD.

My problem is that at some point when recording, the line 1 & 2 signals (vocal mic and guitar) will start distorting. Sometimes it happens after 5 minutes, sometimes after 20, sometimes after 2 minutes, the time seems to be completely random. The distortion is quickly fixed however, by changing the I/O Buffer Size, it doesn’t matter to what value… Then the whole cycle starts again!

It’s starting to make me go crazy as I can never get any proper work done, would very much appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Thanks in advance!!!

3. bambony

bambony Administrator Staff Member

Have you swapped out the connecting cable (USB I think)? Does your mbox get hot?

Tony

4. tastic96

tastic96 New Member

Hi Tony!!
    Thanks for your reply. Yes I have swapped out the USB cable... The m-box temperature doesn't change at all.
    Any other ideas?
    Cheers
    J

5. bambony

bambony Administrator Staff Member

Have you installed the latest drivers? Are they beta drivers?

Tony