1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Distortion issue with MPC/Fast Track Pro/Logic Pro X setup

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by el duderino, Jan 15, 2014.

1. el duderino

el duderino New Member

EDIT/Update: Nothing was really working for me so I just turned off my MPC, quit Logic, unplugged the FTP and started from scratch. Everything's sounding great now after hitting the proverbial reset button. Thanks for taking the time to click this thread.

This was a very complicated case, man. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous. And a lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder's head. Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.

---

Hello, I'm having trouble with my MPC 2000 XL - Logic Pro X connection. I'm attempting to record the audio output of the MPC into Logic and onto a Logic audio track. I have the connections right and my MPC/Logic synchronized. I have created a new audio track in Logic, set the input to Input 1 + 2, set the input device to Fast Track Pro, and clicked the "I" so I can monitor input from the MPC.

Here's the problem - when I press pads on the MPC, audio signal levels come through into Logic and I am able to record them, but the sound is a terribly distorted version of what's on my MPC pads. I'm listening through headphones connected to my Fast Track Pro. I have the IB/PB Mix set all the way to PB. And with the gain levels at a normal level, the my clap sounds OK, but my kick drum sounds crazy distorted. Even when I turn the gain levels down to their lowest levels (and turn turn down the FTP monitor output level control, turn down the FTP headphone level control, and bump down the signal level in Logic), the kick still sounds messed up.... It's not making the clip lights on the FTP light up, nor is it clipping in Logic, but it still sounds very distorted.... Yet everything sounds beautiful if I plug the headphones straight into the MPC... Any ideas?

Drivin me nutty as I had everything working perfectly recently... Thank you in advance for your help!

-dude

3. el duderino

el duderino New Member

Update: Nothing was really working for me so I just turned off my MPC, quit Logic, unplugged the FTP and started from scratch. Everything's sounding great now after hitting the proverbial reset button. Thanks for taking the time to click this thread.

This was a very complicated case, man. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous. And a lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder's head. Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.