1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Distortion plug ins of any kind will not work.

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Northside313, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Northside313

Northside313 New Member

Hi, I have a strange situation going on. I recently noticed that none of the amp pedalboard distortions work on a certain project. When I drag any of them in, the signal goes silent. Later I discovered the problem persists with any and all distortion plug ins in general. This includes bit crusher, overdrive, clip distortion and the rest. Also my D16 Decimort 2 and Redoptor same deal. If i open a project from several months ago everything works fine. But on my current projects no distortion effects work. As soon as I open one the signal goes silent. Now if I switch the wet dry to dry, the clean signal becomes audible. But when I switch to wet, silence. Pretty strange. I did a disk permissions repair not helping. Anyone ever experience this?

3. Northside313

Northside313 New Member

Ok figured it out. I've been outrageously lazy with my level setting. I had a -90 db dim on the stereo channel because my individual levels had become so hot from constantly being driven up. Therefore distortion being nothing more than overdrive, it's impossible to overdrive a signal being run through that much of a dim so all I got was silence. Something told me one day I would have to bring those crazy levels down.