1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I have the right manual?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by bayswater, Oct 27, 2014.

1. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

I'm working my way through the LP X manual, and finding instances of manual / screen mismatch. Maybe it's because I relatively new to LP X.

Here's an example:

Page 189: Working With the Master Track. It tells me that every project has a Master Track, and it is Track Stack. I see a Master channel strip in the mixer, but not a Master Track.

Manual says click on Track>Show Master Track. If I click on Track there is no Show Master Track Command. I do have an Output track. If I select that, there is a command under the Track menu to Hide Output Track. If I hide it, the command changes to Show Output Track. That's as close as I get to what the manual says.

If I select the Master Channel in the mixer, and right click, I can opt to Create Track. A Master Track appears. But it does not appear at the bottom of the track list as the manual claims. It appears second last, before the Output Track. Logic does not allow me to drag it to the bottom either.

What is going on? Is there a manual update I missed?

Now for Master Track as a Track Stack: The manual says there is a triangle to the right of the track icon that can be used to reveal the subtracts in the Master Track. On my screen there is no triangle on the Master Track. Checking the Output track, just in case the name is wrong, there isn't one there either. Maybe this appears only in the case of a Surround output, (although the manual doesn't say so)?

I've come across a few confusing passages in the manual, albeit, not a odd as this one. Any guidance, or reference to an update would be appreciated.

3. gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou Senior member

Do you have Advanced Tools enabled in your preferences?

:confused:

4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hey Bayswater,

I noticed this immediately after LPX came out and I was working on my first new groove3 LPX series. I got really excited at the idea of the Master track being a Track Stack. But it isn't. My hunch is that this is an un-implimented feature that hasn't yet made it to LPX, but wasn't removed from the manual.

But just to reassure you, no, you are not losing your mind. This is a mistake in the manual and it does not match the actual reality of how the master track works in LPX today. We'll all just have to wait and see if this becomes a future feature - or not.....

5. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

GW, yes, first thing I did.
    Eli, thanks once again for helping me preserve sanity. I'll press on.

Is there a logical (hahahaha) place to report manual errata? Assuming Apple will correct mistakes, I might as well record them as I go.

6. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

kind regards

Mark