Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Do you know the answer?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by blakecamden, Jan 12, 2012.

1. blakecamden

blakecamden New Member

I just had a quick question about my output track in Logic.

In some projects I am able to insert plug-ins and use sends on my output track, but on other projects there are no inserts on the track and the section is just blank

Any help appreciated

3. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Sure you mean the output channelstrip? There is also a "Master" channelstrip which has no inserts and controls the overall output level.

4. blakecamden

blakecamden New Member

Yes I do mean the output channelstrip, on some projects there are no inserts on the output channelstrip, they just seem to disappear, but then they show up on the master channelstrip on these projects

5. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

Select the output channelstrip. In the inspector make sure that "show inserts" is ticked

6. blakecamden

blakecamden New Member

I attached a photo of the problem

Attached Files:

7. blakecamden

blakecamden New Member

The output channelstrip is the highlighted strip, the master is the one beside it with the inserts present

8. Pete Thomas

Did you check what I mentioned though?

In the inspector, is the "show inserts" box ticked?

Attached Files:

9. blakecamden

blakecamden New Member

Well when I right click on the inspector the show inserts line is ticked

I cant seem to find the same window that you have displayed in your screenshot

10. Pete Thomas

That window is the inspector, so if you can't see it how do you right click on it? I'm confused now.

Does this help:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. blakecamden

blakecamden New Member

Ok this is what I have showing in my inspector

Attached Files:

12. Pete Thomas

Ah, I was talking about the inspector in the environment.

In the mixer, it's different. Your first screenshot shows the mixer below the arrange, in this case select the output in the mixer as you have done there, and check that "show inserts" is ticked under the view menu of that mixer window.

13. leytonnz

leytonnz Senior member

its because audio channel 15 is in surround mode. change it back to stereo and the inserts will appear again.

( and any other audio channels in surround)

14. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Yep, it's because of the surround track... Logic Presets.. the worst idea EVER! If they could only have NOT done this freaking surround thing on factory presets. Who ever came up with this one needs a new brain ;-)