1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 does anyone know about the following bug

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by sunnamusic, Oct 2, 2009.

1. sunnamusic

sunnamusic New Member

with a whole group of logic users I've been trying to figure this out, but without luck, so I hope someone knows this:

I record some midi by playing it in. I click on the region, and can see all the notes. Then in a second run I want to record volume or modulation in the hyper edit in the piano roll. While I record this I want to look at the notes and the hyperdraw, but as soon as I hit record, a new region is created and I don't see anything; just an empty pianoroll. When I hit stop I can see it's all there, but I want to see it while I'm recording volume/modulation.

Is there a way to lock a window, any other way to view and record?

3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

4. Ginger

Ginger Member

if you want an editor *not* to show whatever is being recorded in real time, just disable the Link Window button in that editor (by clicking on it so it turns gray).
  5. David51

David51 Senior member

Have you tried calling up a new score or piano roll in a separate, floating window?It should be possible then to record and see those two editors.
    Good Luck,Cheers,Mings