Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Drag & Drop Regions Problem

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Voice Man, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Voice Man

Voice Man Member

Running LE9. I have two projects open. I want to drag and drop a region from project A’s arrange area into an open track on Project B’s arrange area. Project B already contains numerous tracks occupied by regions. Problem: when I drag the region over from A to the open track on B, the region will often end up in one of B’s occupied tracks, and not the open one I desire. Sometimes the dragged region will cover an existing region on B. I’ve tried hiding all occupied B tracks and muting them, too, but it doesn’t make any difference. BTW same problem with copy and paste. The A regions are vocals and sound effects, no MIDI or loops. Any ideas on how to make a clean export/import?
  3. bobdemaa

bobdemaa Senior member

Try copy / paste.
  4. michaelo

michaelo LUG Emeritus

This has always been a bit hit and miss. I just dump it in and then manually adjust to the desired location.
  5. Voice Man

Voice Man Member

Thanks Guys,
    As I mentioned, copy and paste yields the same result. I guess I'm stuck with manually adjusting the regions. This will be a bitch because of the large number of tracks in Project B. Oh well. One alternative is to bounce the tracks on Project A into an mp3 and drag that into B, however, mp3's don't have the quality of the original recording. Requires follow up EQing which I'm not that good at.

-- Voice Man
  6. Eli

Eli Senior member

Why not use the track import feature?
  7. jonperl

jonperl Member

I agree - try Track Import (from the File Browser pane, or the Import command. Gives you lot's of options, very intuitive.
  8. Voice Man

Voice Man Member

Thanks. Case closed.