1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drum loop?

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by mach1, Oct 7, 2013.

1. mach1

mach1 New Member

hi everyone,

how can i use the .cst files? i.e. the modular analog kit. is it a loop? i can't seem to record it. do i convert to midi or software inst?, then record? i want to edit it and move it around in the timeline.

thanks in advance
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

.cst files are channel strip settings. They are not loops.

You call up channel strip settings on a channel strip either from the Library or from the Settings field at the top of the channel strip.

If you are on an audio track it will load up a chain of plug-ins, possibly some aux routing if you are using the Library, maybe a custom icon, etc. You can either record to or playback audio from that audio track.

If on a software instrument it will also load an instrument and patch into the input slot of the channel strip. You can either play back MIDi from or record MIDI onto these tracks.

Hope this helps.
  4. mach1

mach1 New Member

thanks eli,

do you have a vid over on groove3 that gets into this? since it's a sequence, can i get ultrabeat to record the pattern into a region so i can edit it?
  5. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hi mach1,

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what a .cst file is. What pattern are you talking about that you want Ultrabeat to record into the Tracks Area? .cst files contain no midi data?

Are you referring to the patterns within Ultrabeat? And you want to bring those into the Tracks Area? That is simply a matter of dragging and dropping. If this is what you mean, then yes, I do have a groove3 video covering this. The Logic Plug-Ins series has a few on Ultrabeat.

6. mach1

mach1 New Member

you are correct, sir; not only fundamental, but a HUGH misunderstanding!
    yes, the pattern is "modular analog kit". i want to get it into the tracks area and edit it as a drum track.
    thanks for the link. i'll dig around and see if i can figure this out.