1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 drum samples

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by Gerome, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Gerome

Gerome New Member

I am looking for a good source for drum samples. I am not really happy with the kits that come with Ultrabeat. (the snares in particular). I am using Express 8 and I don't know if my selection is limited as compared to other Logic programs. I am looking for natural, acoustic, aggressive, Pop/Rock drums. NOT LOOPS. I also don't want to spend a fortune. I have managed to find some acceptable free drum hits on the internet, but I could probably do better if I spend a little. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  3. Eli

Eli Senior member

If you upgrade to Logic pro, you'll get a ton more drum samples with all the Jampacks, and their associated samples. Plus there are more Ultrabeat kits - although possibly not in the idiom you are looking for.

I'm not sure if these come with Express or not, but I find the acoustic drum library that comes up in the EXS in the drum replacement window are excellent for acoustic drum samples.
  4. Eddie Sullivan

Eddie Sullivan Senior member