1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drummer now not functioning properly

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Jesus Las Vegas, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Jesus Las Vegas

Jesus Las Vegas New Member

Hi everyone this is my first post here.

I've been using Logic Pro X from day 1 and have used the Drummer in a number of songs in place of EZ drummer to see how it went. I have now noticed that all of the Editor window functions have stopped working for the Drummer generated regions, everything has to be converted to Midi Piano Roll to edit. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there an easy fix? Thanks in advance for any help

Graham

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Just to rule out the obvious: are you sure you have the actual Drummer regions on the track selected when you are editing parameters in the Drummer Editor? The controls on the right side of the Drummer editor are region specific. I have caught myself many times tweaking parameters while not having had selected the regions I wanted to be editing.

4. Jesus Las Vegas

Hi Eli,

Thanks for the suggestion, I did that myself many times when I first started using Drummer, unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the issue, it just seems dead. I've attached a screenshot of a new project, Drummer doesn't select the default kit or generate any of the "Drummer midi" at all and when I select a region the editor window remains greyed out. I'll try deleting preferences and such and perhaps re-install Logic Pro X. Do you know if it's fine to simply delete the app without deleting all the additional content then re-install the app. I assume so as Logic Pro X seemed to know which Logic 9 instruments were there at initial installation.

Once again thanks for your reply.

Graham

Attached Files:

5. Eli

Eli Senior member

I've never seen anything like that. There is no Drum Kit Designer plug-in called up on the channel strip. No Drummer loaded in. And the Drummer region seems completely empty.

In terms of deleting the app, I'm not sure if that's the way to go. You could start by trashing prefs. And check the Download Additional Content menu item from under the Logic Pro X menu at the upper left, just to make sure everything is installed.

6. Jesus Las Vegas

Hi there Eli,

Before deleting preferences I checked to see if any additional content could be downloaded, it couldn't. But after deleting preferences Logic suddenly got the urge to download 4 hours worth! And after a few tests Drummer seems to be back to normal. Just to be sure this wasn't a project specific bug I took the drive to work with me where I have a 3 year old Mac Pro with a mirror of my home set up regarding plug ins and whatnot and drummer seemed to function fine in the projects where it hadn't at home.

I had been dropping in midi files from the EZ drummer browser straight onto Logic Drummer tracks and wonder if they way the EZ drummer files are indexed has confused Logic's Drummer?

Anyway deleting preferences seems to have fixed it for now although it was somewhat inconvenient and time consuming. Thanks for your time, help and advice.

Graham