1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Dual master outputs any ideas

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by celestialstudio, Apr 16, 2014.

1. celestialstudio

celestialstudio New Member

Hi Folks I have been tooling around with this for a while and I must be missing something. I would like to get dual master outputs with inserts in each and be able to feed the finished mix from 1 and 2 into 3 and 4 with out compromising the bounce. I have my main master out with finished mix and mastering inserts (the master track I do the final bounce with) that goes to my out 1 and 2 but I would like to send that signal further to out puts 3 and 4 where I could insert various eq's and headphone simulations for listening to the final mix in different scenarios with out effecting the final bounce. I have tried copying the master fader and connecting with the virtual cable in the environment which didn't work and I have tried using the I/O insert last in the master fader and sending to output 3 and 4 but it breaks the chain and gives nil out of 1 and 2 and other scenarios that but I can't get a POST main mix signal anywhere other than straight to bounce. Any ideas that can give me a physical out from 3 and 4 of the finished mix post inserts from 1 and 2 that can be further effected WITHOUT affecting the bounced mix would be appreciated.
  3. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

I am not sure if I understand you correctly but I think that the output channelstrip is the very last stage in your chain and you cannot go further it.

Better configuration:

Instead of collecting everything in an output channelstrip, create an Aux channelstrip and name it "Masterbus" or similar. Route all your tracks and submixes to this Aux as if it where the output. This way you are very flexible with your routing, you can change outputs and split the stream at any time and distribute your mix in any way you want.
  4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Just to elaborate on what Peter is describing:

• Route the outputs of all your channel strips to a bus (named MasterBus as Peter suggests)

• You can then create multiple Aux channel strips, each receiving the MasterBus signal at it's input.

• You can then route the outputs of these Aux Channel strips to whichever physical outputs you want.

• Bonus Tip: You can route the outputs of the Aux Channel strips receiving the MasterBus mix to the same physical outputs, and then use them for parallel processing of your entire mix.
  5. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Much better English and better understandable than my Austrian poetry.
    Thanks, Eli :)