1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X duplicates and notation grouping

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Christopher Pratt, Nov 13, 2015.

1. When I record using a Logic software instrument via midi I always find a duplicate recording when I edit the piano roll. I can go into delete midi events and delete duplicates but there must be a way to stop it happening in the first place. As you can see- even after all these years I'm no expert! It's probably got something to do with "midi local" on my controller keyboard but I don't know what to do about it.

Is there any way that I can make Logic (notation) group quavers correctly in compound time?
    For example- a note 5 quavers (eighths) long in 12/8 time is written correctly as a dotted crotchet (1/4) tied to a crotchet.
    Logic defaults to the simple time grouping of a minim (1/2) tied to a quaver. It doesn't change the sound of course but when preparing a notated score it is not easy to read for the players.
    Please don't tell me to get Sibelius!!!
  3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I'm not at Logic at the moment but I think there is a way to define grouping, however I don't think it's great. The normal workaround is to insert a dotted crotchet user rest at strategic places, e.g. At beat 4 or 10 especially
  4. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

In addition to what Peter indicated.... Could you Please email me your logic project with duplicate notes as well as showing the grouping problem and I will take a look.
  5. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

OK - they are not duplicates. You keyboard is transmitting on two different midi channels ( channel #1 and channel #2). You will need to disable the transmission of midi notes on the second channel from your synth. ( so it is not a bug). If you cannot figure it out, please provide the make and model of your keyboard and I can help. Alternatively we could filter it out - but better to fix it correctly from the midi keyboard....
  6. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

A little confused on what exactly you want to do..... Are you trying to go from this?

from this.png

To this....
    To this.png