Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 duplicating multiple tracks with folders - independence problem

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by ecc, Jan 8, 2014.

1. ecc

ecc New Member

Hello!

I have a stack of tracks that I'm trying to wholesale duplicate for overdubs (many mics on one drumset).

I'm trying to use the "pack folder / unpack to new tracks" trick to avoid the very-clunky duplicate-each-track-rename-all-and-reshuffle dance.

But the new tracks that result in the arrange window do not have their own channel strips -- they just route to the original strip from which they were copied. They aren't truly independent tracks, so they won't work as overdubs.

Is there any way around this when I unpack the folder? Or is there a way to tell one of these child-tracks "be independent, make your own channel strip"?

Thanks for your help!

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Two things come to mind that you could try.

1. Try saving the track stack as a patch. And then create a new track and call up that patch from the Library. I'm not certain if this will work, but it should, in theory anyway.

2. Do a "save as" command to save the project as another version. Then in your source version, use the track import feature to import those tracks from your "saved as" project.