Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynamic string ensemble arpeggiator

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Bwremjoe, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Bwremjoe

Bwremjoe New Member

Hi Guys!

I'm trying to figure out how to edit the range and notes played for all instruments in this arpeggiator. Sometimes I manage to get a windows where I can do both these things for only the contrabass, or only the viola's, but somehow i dont know how to get to these settings. Any help?

Thanks!

3. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

Try using SMart Controls! If you have any kind of MIDI sending knobs at hand you can assign them to the 12 virtual smart control parameters. Lots of the new instrument stacks including arpeggiators and other goodies have pre defined control for SMart Controls but you can also make your own "director" for the stack with arps (explained well in the manual). Exactly what you you are mentioning, instantly adjusting the arp's range, is one parameter I use to target a lot that way.

4. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

@ Bwremjoe:
    I was looking at this Channel strip the other day and maybe I can help...

The Dynamic String Ensemble is a Track Stack. So, when you look in the Main window, you'll see a little triangle to the right of the Track number. Click this to show the 4 tracks that the stack contains: Bass, Cello, Viola and Violins.

[​IMG]

Then you can select any of the separate tracks and open a plugin window for the arpeggiator on each track.

5. Bwremjoe

Bwremjoe New Member

Thanks Colin, this was exactly what I was referring to!