Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 EastWest Play and Logic

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Pete Thomas, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I've heard some reports that Play is not playing nice with Logic. I've just ordered Symphonic Choirs (as an upgrade to my old and seemingly obsolete) Kontakt version). I am wondering if it will be fine with 9.1.6 running on Lion.

Does anyone have any good/bad experience?

Soundsonline tech support have assured me it will be fine with Logic, but I was worried by this bit of their advice:

"Be sure the play.dll file can be seen by your HOST by putting it in your HOSTS VST Folder". This sounds a bit odd, why would Logic need a .dlll file in a VST folder?
  3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Hi Pete,

East West is fine, no issues (other than the bad timing issues every now and then or a bad loop, but they are relatively rare). I suspect they thought you were on a PC, since a Mac and Logic don't use either VST or DLL files, only a windows computer.

I use them , as well as a number of my clients. As for Lion... I can't say. I have a lion system but haven't used them on it due to a tech issue with the ilok and my machine, but on snow leopard I have one system that uses Play no problem.

4. Pete Thomas

Yes, exactly my thoughts, but that was a reply to my (presales) question as to whether there might be any issues specifically with Logic on Lion

That's a bit worrying. I haven't used an iLok before, I just ordered iLok 2 to go with it. I hope that as the right thing to do.
  5. EastWest Lurker

EastWest Lurker Senior member

I just upgraded to Lion and my iLok is fine.
  6. Pete Thomas

Ah well that's good to know. I just worry as the tech support at EastWest doesn't seem too on the ball.
  7. EastWest Lurker

EastWest Lurker Senior member

My experience is that Joey Medina in particular is top notch.
  8. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

The Iloks are fine Pete... I have a more unusual system...
  9. HKC

HKC Senior member

Ilok 1 and 2, Lion and Play is working fine here. No problems at all but of course RAM is very important since most of the EastWest stuff is pretty heavy.