Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Easy way to convert stereo to mono?

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by daveyboy, Nov 16, 2011.

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Sometimes I bounce a stereo vi (drum loop for example) or wind up with a stereo track where it should be mono and want to easily make it a mono file. I know how to change the audio object from stereo to mono but I want to make the file itself a mono file. I also know how to do a mix down and just solo the track and make sure the master out on the bounce is mono. But then I have to drag it back into the project. Am I missing something? I can open the file up in sound track pro but I don't think it does this conversion. Can I make Peak the default editor? Thanks.

3. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

One way is to mono the audio object then do bounce in place of that region. It will create a mono audiofile.

If however there are stereo plugins inserted or your channel strip, it will create a mono file, but rather than being a regular one channel mono audioif file, it will still be an interleaved (or split) stereo file, but with each side of the stereo identical, so basically a "mono stereo" file.

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Senior member

Great. I'll give that a shot.