1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Edit Poly Pressure in EXS24

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Eduà, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Eduà

Eduà New Member

Hi all,
    I am trying to sample a keyboard pad sound which I like, so to create a virtual instrument to be used in EXS24. The matter is that the original patch includes sound shaping based on poly pressure (aka aftertouch).
    How can I edit poly pressure in EXS24? I am doing this job for the first time, so I don't know much about it.
    Look forward for suggestions and wish a good day to you all.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  3. Eduà

Eduà New Member

I must correct something in what I wrote, since I found out that I am not dealing with poly pressure but with channel pressure, which in this case seems to be acting on volume. There is also no need to go in the editor, because one can choose Pressure as source and Volume - or Relative Volume (Auto Adjust) - as destination in the main EXS24 interface.
    But I still wonder how and what about Poly Pressure, which is a more interesting feature.

And one more thing: I didn't sample my instrument yet, but I verified all I wrote above using some EXS24 factory's instruments and, when choosing Pressure as source parameter, after a few seconds the EXS24 suddenly switches to the next instrument in the list. That makes it unplayable, as you may imagine.
    Someone could tell me if this is a Logic 9 bug or a EXS's reaction that may be fixed in some way?
    Thanks

4. Eduà

Eduà New Member

Ok, problem partially solved. it was a mistake of mine. In a previous Logic project, in the Preferences submenu of EXS24 Options menu I had activated Channel Pressure mode for switching to next instrument. I had actually misunderstood the meaning of that option - and it is a setting that applies to all Logic project.
    EXS24-Preferences Menu.png

So, sorry for bothering. I still cannot play with Poly Aftertouch in EXS24, only in Mono Aftertouch, although the reference manual says EXS24 does feature Poly Pressure. I am using a Motif XS8, which supports both modes and seems to work fine in Kontakt 5.
    If anyone can clarify this point I will truly appreciate, thanks.