Logic Pro 9 Ensure converted sampels (akai, giga) get stored on external drive

mike47

Logician
When converting AKAI and/or Gigasampler samples/files, using the EXS24mkII sample converter how do I make sure that the converted samples are stored on an external drive that I utilize strictly for sample storage. More specifically, what are the command lines that need to be created so when I open a sample/file in the EXS24mkII, it will automatically point to,retrive and open for play, the stored files. Also, what folders need to be created on the external drive to store the converted AKAI and Gigasamler samples/files? Finally, after trying to find info on the internet, I know there are 3rd party software applications available that apparently handle the conversion of samples to EXS24mkII format and I assume also the storage of samples on external drives. In fact, I found one on the internet called "Translator Pro" by a company called Chickensystems, that again, apparently also handles sample/file conversion to NI Konkt Player as well as the EXS24mkII, but I am not sure if it will handle all the aspects of file conversion and storage, etc. Would someone please point me in the right direction, if in fact this the way to go? I sincerely appreciate any help I can get!!!

I found the answer, but thanks for viewing.

I will utilize the NI Kontakt player I have on my system as the sample player to play AKAI and Gigasampler samples as it will play both types of samples.

Upvote 0
I would suggest the use of consolidate your project saving, all the files could thne replicatec either manually or via a backup application (usually provided for free) with your external drive...

Upvote 0
Back