Logic Pro 9 ERROR CODE .. Does anyone know what it means?

hi there

I keep getting the following message every time I "Save As".. ( not save )

Directory not found
Result code = -120
File = Costa is feeling it...5 combined.logic-f16s.aiff

the filename is the logic file name.. and i think the -f16s denoted a fade file ??

would be very grateful for any info

thanks

Have you tried deleting the fade files? Logic will rebuild them automatically. You get to the command from the global Options menu (see attached screenshot).

Attachments

• Delete fade files.png
    Delete fade files.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 0
Have you tried deleting the fade files? Logic will rebuild them automatically. You get to the command from the global Options menu (see attached screenshot).
What are those and what is special about these "fade files" that the programmers have dedicated such a specific menu command?:confused:

Upvote 0
When you create fades/crossfades, Logic automatically generates a small audio file (with it's own unique extension) that contains the audio represented in these usually short areas. They are prone to corruption due to the fact that they exist separately from the audio files they are associated with.

If you move or copy the original files outside of Logic for example, the fades don't get copied with them. So, since they are generated automatically, it is useful to be able to quickly delete them when they become corrupted. As soon as you hit Play the next time, Logic will recalculate all of these fade files and recreate them. If you have a lot of fades in your project, doing this will result in a short delay the first time you hit Play after they are deleted, while Logic rebuilds them.

If you are working on a big project with lots of fades, and it is being moved around from computer to computer, or drive to drive, or being backed up and restored frequently, etc; it's not a bad idea to delete and rebuild the fade files routinely, just to be safe.

Upvote 0
Back