Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 error message

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Edgold, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Edgold

Edgold Senior member

:brkwl:I'm getting this message in perhaps my largest file at a point where little sound activity is going on but apparently much computer activity is:

"Disk is too slow or System Overload.
    (-10010)
    The Sudden Motion Sensor may have parked the hard drive head, or the disk performance is not sufficient to read or write all audio tracks, or the system was not able to process all data in time."

Having just changed the hard disk at an Apple store, I would have expected this problem to end but there it is again.

I converted quite a few tracks combining all the strings and have muted the original tracks using the mute tool but it seems only in one place does this now happen.

3. Edgold

Edgold Senior member

I also just bounced winds and brass in place to no avail.

4. Edgold

Edgold Senior member

Solved

The information I gave originally on the solution was pretty much incorrect and only worked temporarily.

What is more promising is the following procedure:

Edit menu, "select overlapped regions", then (if not grayed out you can select one.) in my case, it was an audio region which I chose to delete but you can probably fix it by slightly moving the segments. I don't know whether "remove overlaps" in the regions menu will work but I will try it and report later.

I'll also report how permanent this is.

Ed Gold

5. Edgold

Edgold Senior member

Yes, a permanent solution.

The revised information I posted above gives a permanent solution. I would only say that it's probably safer to fix the overlap manually as I said previously than depend on Logic software to do it.