Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 Error Saving Project to external drive

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Hexclock, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Hexclock

Hexclock New Member

Hello everyone,
    I recently purchased a Mac Pro (16 gig ram, 3.7 ghz Quad, OS X 10.10.3). I have a 1 TB external hard drive that I save all my projects to. Opening files is not a problem, but when I save them I get a "Directory Does Not Exist" error. I cannot Save As... with a new name or Save a Copy either.
    I am also getting two other error dialogs, "Saving Spool file / Entry not in queue" and "The document "xxxxx" could not be saved. The file doesn't exist"
    The files clearly do exist however. Baffling.
    Drag and drop copy works, as well as saving from other applications, but fails within Logic (ver 9.1.8). I have full read/write permissions, but I am transporting the drive between the studio and home. The studio machine is a G5 running 10.6.8 and Logic ver 9.1.2.
    My thoughts were to back up and wipe the drive but I'd have to purchase another drive to do so, and I would like to avoid that if I could.
    Thanks guys,
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

Are you sure it is a G5? AFAIR, from Logic 9.1 on it was no longer possible to use a PPC Mac. I'm not sure whether that is relevant to your issue but perhaps worth clarifying? The other thing that may be of concern is how well Logic 9.1.8, developed at the time of OSX 10.6.x is going to fare in OSX 10.10, 4 versions later?

kind regards

4. Hexclock

Hexclock New Member

Hey Mark,
    You are right, It's version 9.0.2 . Definitely a G5 though haha.
    It's a strange problem. One suggestion I read was to delete the AU cache. I tried it but it didn't work. If I drag a project folder to the drive, then save it, it works just fine. I realize I am bridging a huge gulf with different versions but I can work around it.

Thanks for the reply,

5. hasbeen

hasbeen New Member

writing to confirm my continued interest in forums!