Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 ES-M bug

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by georgelegeriii, Dec 24, 2010.

1. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Hi,

I was working with a kick loop and a bass line using ES-M and discovered that if I open the filter too much, the audio in Logic would simply cut out.

I made a tiny Logic Pro session with the loop and a programmed automation sweep of the filter. I am hoping that maybe one or two people might take a second to download it and test it to see if this issue happens on their system as well.

The link is here:
    http://www.utopiaparkwaymusic.com/publisher/lug/ES-M_bug.zip

Additional info: When I posted this file it would do this 100% of the time, and now it's not.

Logic Pro 9.1.3 32 bit, Mac OS 10.6.5

3. Eli

Eli Senior member

Hey George,

I just downloaded it and ran it. I let it loop about ten times and it seemed to play perfectly. There was no audio cutting out.

I know the symptom you are describing. It usually happens to me with third party plug-ins (IK Multimedia T-Racks and sometimes Vintage Warmer) but not consistently.

4. georgelegeriii

Thanks Eli,

Yea, I have seen it before, and was surprised to see it in one of Logic' own VI's. Very strange though: I couldn't get it to play back even 1 time correctly, and as soon as I posted it, I couldn't get it to cut out again, and it worked fine all night since.

Plus it was 1 voice only, and as the filter opened up, it would just cut out...

Thanks for taking a look.

5. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

No problem here with the older OSX.

6. rst

rst New Member

No problem here. It was a little hot a the output. I added vintage warmer to the mix and it was still ok.

-rstr

7. georgelegeriii

I suppose the "good" thing about this one is that I can be 100% sure that it's not a 3d party only "bug".

thanks for looking...

8. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

Depends on your view. If you see the developer in the next room as third party, it could be a 3rd party bug ;)