1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ES2 won't map controllers

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Sonicmanipulator, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Sonicmanipulator

Sonicmanipulator New Member

Hi all............just got Logic X and thought my MIDI troubles were over. Nooooo.
    I use a custom built controller with 40 continuous controllers as well as buttons and I use these intensively while playing & recording. I thought the smart controllers would be the ticket but they have way too few. Why couldn't they have used the Mainstage approach and let you design your own! (would it be possible to do this in the environment page?) And the CC assignments page seems to randomly forget assignments.........and no way to save the file and reload just in case. A very shonky MIDI system in my opinion. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

This brings me to my latest problem - ES2 won't map controllers. It used to and the other plugins work but moving a parameter on the ES2 doesn't register on the assignments page when you press MIDI learn. I believe it's a bug but haven't found any fixes.

Any ideas?

3. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

Some thoughts:
    In Logic X prefs, click on the Advanced tab.
    Everything should be checked, otherwise you'll effectively have a cut-down Logic X.

Also:
    You can customise the Smart Controls. Click the little button top left and you are able to modify all knobs and buttons as you wish. You can also select layouts with more controls. Read the manual - there's WAY too much to explain here.

Assuming you know all this already, sorry…..

I just checked and you're right - ES2 does NOT seem to map when clicking the Learn button. I'll report this and you should too:
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

4. Sonicmanipulator

Sonicmanipulator New Member

Hi Colin.......thanks for the reply. All my prefs are checked except destructive editing & surround. The smart controls work but only 16. Not nearly enough.
    I've just been using the Aturia Moog thinking I could just use MIDI learn on that and mysteriously, only a few of my 40 controllers will work even though they map using Logic MIDI learn. What am I missing?