1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 ESX24 Changing sounds/presets

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Spangler, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Spangler

Spangler New Member

I need sone help, I use logic 9 studio with OSX 10.8.5 and have had a very unusual thing happen, while I was working on a project the esx24 patches/sounds I had saved changed to a totally different sound.This happened to a number of tracks all at the same time. I thought I had done something stupid, so closed the project and reverted to saved. The problem still existed, I then went further back to earlier version…ALL of these had changed as well, I know these were correct as I had done many bounces and listed to them since ( in fact I did a bounce the day before that was good). I then went all the way back to the first back up almost two years ago and the sounds had all changed.

Can anyone help with this? is it a memory issue? and of so how do I change it as now it appears to have reverted the sounds and I am afraid I have lost all that work….

Many thanks

3. rootsounds

rootsounds New Member

I had that happen on the odd occasion. In my case, at least, it was because the wrong sound had the same name as the one I expected, like Vibes-1. On a good sized EXS library, this sort of stuff is bound to happen. I fixed it with the software by now defunct RedMatica. That software still runs (up to 10.9 at least, not sure about newer versions) if you can somehow get your hands on one.

4. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

I've also had a similar thing happen when I jogged the Data entry slider on my synth keyboard and it turned out it was set to send Program Change data. I had a malfunctioning slider and it kept sending the same Program Change byte constantly, so it was changing patches as soon as I opened the song file.