1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eucon doen't work after vers. 8 !

Discussion in 'Euphonix' started by debussyon, Oct 26, 2011.

1. debussyon

debussyon New Member

My Logic 9 (and all the following 8.xx versions) crashes upon loading the Eucon files at start up ! Only version that works is 8.0 (the CD release version)
    That's ok, I can still work but I don't get the benefits of the updates and of version 9 ! To get it to run I have to uninstall all the Euphonix stuff .. really strange ! anyone has this too ?

3. georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii Senior member

Works fine here when testing the thing using both the current Logic and Avid software for the mixer.

4. debussyon

debussyon New Member

yeah, I know, it works great on my MacBook, I just have this issue on my MacPro.
    I was just wondering if some change in coding was introduced after 8.0 which seems to block my DAW .. anyways .. thanks !

5. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Upgrade your drivers for the Eucon devices at Avid!

6. tafalo05

tafalo05 New Member

Yes, Upgrade your drivers

7. BlindCoyote

BlindCoyote New Member

Hi everyone, I am new here so forgive me for being ignorant:

I finally (+/-4 years delay) went from Logic 8.0.2 to 9.1.7 after having had just too many crashes with LP8: "Logic Pro quit unexpectedly while using the libEuConDLL.dylib plugin" was an alltimer. Clean re-install and trashing prefs of both Logic and EuCon never did help. Still running on OSX 10.6.8 (and therefor Logic 9 starts up in 32-bit mode) out of fear for more 3rd party plugin incompatibility issues with latest Snow Lion. (I am keen on a system that works, rather than upgrading out of need or principle). Now with the installation of Logic 9.1.7 a new problem pops up: the need for minimum EuCon built 65916. This means I simply can't use the MC Control. I have sent a msg. to Avid tech support (but I heard they don't follow up too eagerly). Also have doublechecked versions: EuCon 2.6.2, MC_Client 2.6.2.78202 and Studio Monitor Express 2.6.2, next to a firmware update somewhere in 2011. I am currently browsing various forums for anwsers, but so far no go. Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Help highly appreciated!

8. BlindCoyote

BlindCoyote New Member

Got help from Avid, things seem to work again