Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 EVB3 Drawbar Assign Akai MPK61

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by CommanderCool, Nov 12, 2012.

1. CommanderCool

CommanderCool New Member

Hi, I'm trying to assign the upper manual drawbars on the EVB3 to work with the sliders on my Akai MPK61.

With the NI organ I just control click the fader (select learn from pop-up menu) and then move the fader, but I can't figure out how to do this with the EVB3. Tried the manual but it seems to only offer solutions for a limited selection of keyboards.

Clicking or control-clicking on any parameter in learn mode does nothing and when I click on a drawbar in learn mode then move a fader, it just continues to control the parameter it was originally assigned to. In the case of the first slider its the "morph" function.

From the manual:

To learn a controller
    Choose -Learn- from the CC pop-up menu of the respective parameter.
    When this setting is active, the parameter is assigned to the first appropriate incoming MIDI data message.
    Move the desired controller.

I don't understand "the CC pop-up menu of the respective parameter" . I can only see one place where I can select learn and it doesn't seem to be in relation to a specific parameter. This is in the aqua field below the drawbar preset buttons (Upper Preset Morph/Range/MidiCC/Save to). As I mentioned, I'm used to being able to control click a parameter to select learn via a pop-up menu, and that seems to be what the manual is describing. However I can't get any pop-up menus this way.

Also, if I select "Midi cc: Touch" the same slider that was altering the morph function now controls the 5th drawbar on the lower manual.

Assuming I can figure out how to assign the correct drawbars to the sliders of my choice I will then have another question... When its set to touch and the slider is controlling one of the (wrong) drawbars, I notice that it seems to be in reverse. So when I pull the slider towards me like a drawbar on a real organ, the drawbar on the screen pushes away from me (lowers the volume of that drawbar). Is there any way to reverse this? I'm used to playing a real Hammond so having the drawbars working in reverse will really mess with me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

3. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

Have you checked in the manual?.
    It is clearly explained.
    Open the EVB3 panel and ether use the RK or the HS MIDI mode...

4. CommanderCool

CommanderCool New Member

Thanks, as I mentioned, I believe I've tried what the manual suggests and it doesn't seem to work. I'd love to hear suggestions as to where I'm going wrong.

Thanks.

5. Atlas

Atlas Senior member

You don't mention which mode you are using?