1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 8 Export Audio to Movie?

Discussion in 'Logic 8' started by DeePee, Nov 25, 2009.

1. DeePee

DeePee New Member

Just to confirm, is it true that "Export Audio To Movie" is broken in 8?

3. theprawn

theprawn New Member

???

not here - been happily scoring away since last year, on 8 as well as 8.0.2!

4. DeePee

DeePee New Member

theprawn-

Are you TDM?

5. theprawn

theprawn New Member

6. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

I also have been successfully exporting audio to video in L8 for quite some time. That said, I have occasionally noticed that certain video files misbehave for this function, (although I notice it more often in Pro Tools than Logic) and nothing can convince them to accept 'digital restriping' under any circumstances. Maybe you have such a video file..?

7. Paul Zimmer

Paul Zimmer New Member

It generally works for me, but occasionally it doesn't. It's worth trying the following, if you haven't already:

- "select all" regions on the arrange page before exporting
    and/or
    - set locators for the section of the movie and audio that you want to export to

8. DeePee

DeePee New Member

Thanks for the info, I'll try.

Is there a way to get it to make a new shorter movie (length of selection), rather than needing to truncate in QT first?

9. Paul Zimmer

Paul Zimmer New Member

Hi DeePee,

I'm not in front of my computer to try this out, but I think if you combine both of the methods I outlined in my previous mail, this will limit the exported movie length to the selection of the selected regions and locators.