Logic Pro (X) Exporting/Importing MIDI Files Basics

davidmusicaz

Logician
Hello,

First off, I am a novice to using audio recording software (Logic Pro X in particular) and I hope my question will not seem too silly. However, here goes:

I am recording a project utilizing both audio and MIDI tracks. I have set the length of all of my tracks to be the same. My question specifically is in regard to exporting/importing my MIDI tracks. When I send my MIDI tracks via an email attachment, and he opens them in his Logic software (he has Logic Pro 8), the MIDI track is not the same length as I had thought I had set it to be, and in fact the MIDI data starts playing immediately, rather than at, for example, 52 seconds into the song, where it should be playing. I also sent myself the same MIDI track via email, and ran into the same problem.

Again, I am a novice, and would appreciate any advice someone on the forum could give.

Here is my computer/software specs:

MacBook Pro
8 GB RAM
My audio interface is an M-Audio Fast Track Pro
My OS version is MAC OS X 10.8.5
My Logic version is Logic Pro X

Kind regards,
David

Try having your MIDI region start at the beginning of your project before exporting it as a MIDI file. Even if there is silence until well into the timeline, it will be useful in terms of exporting/importing properly.

In Logic X, you can just drag out the left corner of the region. Drag it back to the beginning of the project, and then try exporting it.

Upvote 0
Back