Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expression Pedal

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by dwdavedw, Jan 20, 2015.

1. dwdavedw

dwdavedw New Member

I have some instruments that output volume on CC 11- Expression, and others on traditional CC 7. How can I switch my expression controller to input to
    CC 7 when desired? - an easy swap back and forth, or set up certain tracks to input to one or the other depending on the instrument. Also would like to use the expression controller as Modulation at times as well. I've looked around at other discussions, seen using transformer in the environment, but looking for something easy that can be switched on the fly or set up in track by track basis. I'm on Logic X, using NI Kontrol 49, which only has sustain and expression, not a separate volume control output as some controllers do. The software for the Kontrol doesn't seem to have any swappable facilities either. Also, the scale on my pedal seems off - seems to be at full about 1/2 way thru it's travel, and pops on very hot at low end of the travel - how to adjust this?
  3. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Have a look at this forum thread where I show two examples:
    1. Patching a Transformer object in the Click & Ports Environment layer (Global ).
    2. Inserting a MIFI FX "Modifier" plugin into the channel strip (Local).
  4. dwdavedw

dwdavedw New Member

This is great, thanks. I knew there must be channel strip solution to this. I also found in the Kontrol controller editor software I can set up templates to change the midi messages coming out of the keyboard.
  5. xgman

xgman New Member

I still think this is way more complicated than it should ever be. Click and ports seems like some engineers idea of a geeky prank. I hate it. Then again I'm a musician and not an engineer. . .
  6. bayswater

bayswater Senior member

I sympathize. It seemed like an initiation rite designed to keep musicians out of the secret club. Logic came out of the box all set up to ignore your MIDI data unless you explicitly connected the sequencer input to the MIDI input. What were they thinking?