1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 7 & earlier EXS truncating sample playback

Discussion in 'Logic 7 and older Versions' started by lordh, Aug 15, 2009.

1. lordh

lordh New Member

I translated my entire HDD of Ensoniq ASR samples to EXS24 instruments (using Rubber Chicken's Translator). I believe it converted all the original ASR instrument 'wavesamples' into .WAVs. Now, whenever I load the instruments into an EXS24 and play them back, the very very beginning of the samples are truncated on playback. This is especially apparent with drums and percussion, since the initial critical attack is missing and the sample sounds lower overall in volume.

* Could it be a setting with the EXS?
    * Could it be a problem with some sort of incorrect pointer in the WAV, and the EXS is reading it as the sample beginning?
    * Could it be a problem with the buffer size on my audio interface?
    * Some Logic preference that I have yet to figure out?

Things I've tried:

* Playing back the raw sample outside of Logic and even hitting the 'E' button, after having selected the sample in EXS' edit mode, plays the WHOLE sample correctly with all of its attack. The only reason I thought to try this was because when I reversed the sample, I could hear the big attack at the beginning of drum sounds (i.e., at the end of the reversed sample)
    * Fiddling with every knob and slider in the EXS interface.
    * Adjusting the buffer size up and down.
    * Adjusting the sample beginning in the EXS' edit mode; it claims it's at 0, but I still hear the sample truncated.

I'd really like to keep using my old sample library, so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Logic Pro 7.2.0 on 2.66GHz Intel, 6GB
    Presonus Firebox Interface

3. Petrosil

Petrosil Member

You should get the 7.2.3 update. The updates from 7.2.0 to 7.2.3 are free, and contain a lot of fixes specifically for Intel, machines.