1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X EXS24 audio samples not found!

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by neonreymun, Jun 4, 2016.

1. neonreymun

neonreymun Member

i opened an old old session today in hopes of finishing it when i noticed certain samples were not playing, while everything else was. i opened the EXS24 to see if my samples were still there and they were but they all had small orange exclamation points next to them as shown in the attached picture. if i click on them it says 'load audio sample'. does anyone know why this happend and how i can recover my samples and avoid this from happening again?

Attached Files:

3. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

The names of your samples are there, but the samples are not where Logic last found them, so you'll have to find them and put them back wherever they're supposed to be. This sometimes happens with old sessions because in the intervening time disks have been shuffled around and replaced - maybe these samples are on an old removable drive that has been disconnected since you last opened the session..?

4. neonreymun

neonreymun Member

i recently took my laptop to get more storge installed but even before that i had other samples i had chopped up and saved as user patches and they are still there and work fine. its only certain samples that show that theyre missing. other than that i only have one external drive to store my KOMPLETE samples but that has nothing to do with the ones im missing. so how exactly do i put them back where they need to be?

5. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Do you know where the actual sample files are? EXS24 is telling you the names of the samples it's looking for, so if you know where those samples are on your hard drive you're partway there. I think it's looking for them in youraccountusername/Library/Application Support/Logic, but it's always been a little dicey getting EXS24 to recognize the files even when they're in the right place. There used to be wonderful software called EXS Manager from a company called Redmatica that solved all these kinds of problems, but Apple bought them out and (as far as I know - new Logic version yesterday that I haven't looked at yet!) forgot to include the functionality into Logic so far.

6. whinecellarstudio

whinecellarstudio New Member

Indeed, this is a really frustrating issue. Since Apple absorbed Redmatica and left us without a solution, I'm happy to report that Chicken Systems' Instrument Manager solves this like EXS Manager used to - and with a lot more options. Best $40 I've spent in a long time!

7. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Looks great, Jim! (Too bad about the 100% inflation since you bought it, but I guess that is the New Economy...)

8. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

Back a few versions, Logic had a built-in thing called Project Manager. It could relocate and fix broken links to samples, though it took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to finish. EXS Manger (mentioned above) was hundreds of times quicker. Strange that Apple hasn't yet incorporated this functionality into Logic Pro.

Maybe everyone here should send in a feature request:
    http://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html