Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X EXS24 Legacy instruments

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by peterlemer, Sep 6, 2015.

1. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times here, and indeed I found the solution a while back - but I didn't keep notes :-(

I imported my files from Mavericks to Yosemite, and my ESX24 legacy instruments ( eg. trumpet) didn't cross over, or they crossed over and the links have been lost somehow.

I have a complete clone of my Mavericks drive. Where so I find my legacy files ( ISTR they live in two different places) and where should I now put them?

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Colin S. has addressed this somewhere along the way. Hopefully he’ll chime in with more exacting information.

I’m guessing that you’ve downloaded Legacy content as part of the full LPX installation.

- Legacy appears in the Channel Strip Settings pop up list.

- Legacy also appears in the Settings Library. Y

- Holding Option while clicking on the Channel Strip Instrument pop up reveals a Legacy listing.

Hopefully the above addresses your main concerns.

The location:
    - Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Logic/ (Channel Strip settings, EXS Factory Samples, Sampler Instruments)
    - User content in Mavericks is probably in the User/Music folder/Audio Music Apps
  4. peterlemer

peterlemer Senior member

Thanks CSeye - I think I originally installed the Legacy collection as an afterthought many years ago.

Using your file paths, I found the 2 necessary folders and after comparing my current collection with a backup was able to replace the missing instruments ;-)

so thanks!