1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X EXS24 Missing Samples! Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by neonreymun, Aug 17, 2016.

1. neonreymun

neonreymun Member

hi i just used the exs24 about a couple hours ago and saved a bubbly type percussion sound to my user patches but i tried to open up the sample and i received a "sample not found" window. I've had this problem many times before and i need to know how to fix this. if i open up the edit window on the exs24 it shows an orange exclamation point and if i click on that it says "load sample." so i then clicked on that to specifically find the sample I'm looking for, and its there but its greyed it. it doesn't let me click on it for some reason. like i said, it has done that to a lot of my samples lately and its getting annoying! please if anybody can help me out it would be greatly appreciated! i will upload snapshots of my screen so u have a better idea of what I'm talking about

Attached Files:

3. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

In that third screenshot it looks like you're trying to load the .exs file instead of the actual sample. The sample will be a .wav or .aif file, (in this case we can see that it's an .aif file which you've created by bouncing in place) not an .exs file, and will be stored in a different folder. The confusion arises from the fact that the sample and the .exs file have the same name. HTH

4. neonreymun

neonreymun Member

oh wow thanks i got it! do you know why logic does this and how i can prevent it from happening again?

5. neonreymun

neonreymun Member

and also that last one was only one sample that i stretched out so that i could have different pitches of the same sample, but what about if i chopped up an entire song? like this for example -

every different sample is a different part of the song, and if i look it up like i did with the last one, it only shows the song on my iTunes, not the one i chopped originally and saved as a user patch

Attached Files:

6. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

I dunno man, try searching for Eventually.aif and see if it shows up then...

7. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

If you do a Finder search for for your samples, note that certain locations on your hard drive are not searched by default.

Do this:
    Open a new Finder window.
    Type [Command][F] to search
    Click-hold on the pop-up menu that says [Kind] and scroll down to [Other...]
    A drop-down window opens. Scroll down until you see [System files] and check its box under [In menu]
    Click [OK]
    Now click-hold again on [Kind] and select [System files]
    The pop-up next to it now changes to [aren't included]
    Change this to [are included]

Your searches will now include all the areas that Apple thinks you shouldn't mess with, including (most likely) the places where your samples are stored.

8. neonreymun

neonreymun Member

nah this didn't work :/ should i change it back or can i leave it this way?

9. Colin Shapiro

Colin Shapiro Senior member

You can leave it like that. Might be useful for any future searches.
    Sorry that didn't help. It could mean that you've lost your samples somehow. When you searched, did you search [This Mac] ?

10. neonreymun

neonreymun Member

yes i did and ok thanks for the help anyways!

11. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Maybe you could convert your iTunes file of Eventually to .aif again and fool EXS24 into thinking it's the missing file?