Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External instrument plug in not present

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Northside313, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Northside313

Northside313 New Member

Hi, I just got two analog hardware synths which I would like to use as external instruments. Problem is when I open the plug in selector, external instrument is not present to choose from. I have both synths connected by usb, and audio is input in from an Allen & Heath zed 10 mixer.. I can get control with utilizing an external midi track but from what I have researched it is much better to use them as an external instrument/plug in. Do I need a midi connection/interface to get the external instrument plug in to show up? Thanks.
  3. Tangra

Tangra Senior member

Do you have a MIDI IN/OUT when create a regular Multi-Instrument object in the Environment and use regular MIDI tracks for that Multi?
  4. Northside313

Northside313 New Member

I have a usb connection only between my computer and synthesizers. I created an regular instrument in the environment, not multi because the synths are not multi timbral. I am trying to open an external instrument plug in but it is not available. Thanks.