Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 External keyboard as midi controller

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by uncleclink, Jan 6, 2013.

1. uncleclink

uncleclink New Member

Hi

I'm new to Logic and I have a Roland Juno D keyboard hooked up to Logic pro 9 via Roland UM-1G midi-usb interface.

I want to use the Roland keyboard as a midi controller to control the software instruments in the arrange window. I know that Logic is recognizing the interface because I can see "UM-1G" showing up in the Physical Input in the Clicks and Ports section of the Environment.

However when I select a software instrument in the arrange window and press the keys on the Roland nothing happens. What am I missing??

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Do you also see MIDI notes and data in the MIDI Monitor in Logic's Transport?

If "control the software", means trigger sound, did you click on the R in the track header so that it's a solid red?

4. Eli

Eli Senior member

Also, just to rule out the obvious, make the sure the cabling from the Physical Input in the Clicks and Ports layer reaches the Sequencer Input object.

5. Doug Zangar

Doug Zangar Senior member

Speaking of obvious, you are using a Software Instrument track with an instrument loaded in it? Using an External MIDI track probably wont work for you.