1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EZ drummer cymbal crashes getting cut off

Discussion in 'Audio Units: Effect and Instrument Plugins' started by doofus, Oct 22, 2014.

1. doofus

doofus Member

I'm having a problem in which a MIDI sequence playing drums through EZ drummer is choking the cymbal crashes, even though if I manally trigger the cymbals they sound fine. (By "manually", I mean playing them on the keyboard or clicking the cymbal in the EZ drummer window). So I think something is happening in Logic to cause them to get choked or cut off. Any ideas?

(I Googled this but found little..some info about turning off aftertouch during recording, which didn't apply since the MIDI sequence was already recorded. How do I determine if aftertouch information is embedded in the MIDI track? I looked at the list of MIDI events as the sequence played but there were only notes, nothing else. Changing the duration and/or volume of the crash doesn't help).

3. doofus

doofus Member

update: it was not an aftertouch issue, but actually an EZ drummer "feature" where the cymbal's neighboring key is a choked version of that cymbal...at least on this particular kit. Problem solved, sorry to take up everybody's time.