Combo Remapper - use score text and symbols to switch articulations
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic X Failed Download eating my disk space

Discussion in 'Logic Pro X' started by Rus hol, May 26, 2016.

1. Rus hol

Rus hol New Member

1.I loaded logic 9 sessions in Logic X and logic instructed me to download some instruments as some sounds were missing.

2. I downloaded what logic recommended but when I awoke the downloaded failed but my diskspace was significantly reduced.

3. I did some research about where this may be stored but there was only 2 or so GB in the recommended location. I'm loosing 10-20gb.

Does anyone have a suggestion where these mystery files are stored as they're not in downloads, or any logical locations I can think of?

3. CSeye

CSeye Senior member

Hello,

It's possible the installers downloaded, taking up hard drive space, but didn't actually install content.

I don't want to send you on a wild goose chase, but you can try to locate the installers.

- Finder "Go" menu>Go to Folder. Enter /private/var/folders/
    - Look for a folder labeled com.apple.MusicApps
    -
    Somewhere inside that folder is the audiocontentdownload.apple.com folder. (I keep this folder in my Finder side bar)

If you find the installers, then double-click on each one, one at a time to install the content.

Attached Files:

4. Download Thomas Tempelmann's "Find Any File" (http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/). Do a search like "Creation Date is within the past 2 days" plus "File Size is greater than 100000000" (100MB -- or whatever you think the file size is).
    Bonus: if you option-click on the Find button it changes to "Find All". Takes a bit longer but searches absolutely *every* folder on your disk.

Find Any File is one of my most used utilities. Fast & furious.

5. Rus hol

Rus hol New Member

That seems to of fixed my problem, thanks!!

6. Rus hol

Rus hol New Member

Good tip, cheers!