Sample Aid
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

favorite 3rd party delay plugins?

Discussion in 'Studio Techniques' started by Judith Gruber-Stitzer, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Judith Gruber-Stitzer

Judith Gruber-Stitzer Senior member

Hi all,

Besides the delay plugins in Logic, OhmBoyz and PSP ... what are folks using?

just wondering,
    Judith Gruber-Stitzer
  3. michaelo

michaelo LUG Emeritus

4. Peter Ostry

Peter Ostry Administrator Staff Member

5. Per Boysen

Per Boysen Senior member

I too like Fabfilter Timeless. I also use SoundToys Echoboy a lot. And a bit less often I use Ohmforce Ohmboyz (it has a good quick patch for stereo pan delay with LFO filter sweeping, something I also set up in Logic with TapeDelay and automating its high- and low pass filter).

One very special delay plugin I like is Augustus Loop by Expert Sleepers. What I particularly use in Augustus is the option to change the pitch of the delay. This can be done seamlessly (like tape/vinyl speed change) or musically pitched to half notes. When pitched by half notes you can "play" the delay loop by a MIDI keyboard or a MIDI region. Just imagine what cool sounding dynamic textures that can create! Recently I used four instances Augustus Loop to freeze a note from a lead line and then automated the pitch to slowly glide from four voice unison into a four part chord. A bit like the THX jingle sound, but instantly available in Logic with Augustus. It does a lot of more too...
  6. Judith Gruber-Stitzer

Hey hi,
    Thanks for the suggestions! Fabfilter's Timeless is fun and quite extreme like Ohmboyz and CamelPhat fx. I'm in download the demo week and so I downloaded the Line 6 Pod Farm and am very impressed with it. I think there's a lot of bang for the buck with it. The bass and guitar amps are great and the vocal and keyboard fx are pretty good too.
  7. alienimplant

alienimplant Senior member

I use all of these at one time or another for delay:

Audio Damage • Ratshack Reverb
    Audio Damage • Replicant
    dB (Quantum FX) • Analog Dual Delay
    dB • Hair Delay
    dB • Pipe Delay
    dB • QFX Ambient Pads
    dB • QFX Flanger Delay
    dB • QFX Loadza Filters
    dB • QFX Sweep Delay 2
    dB • QFX Sweeping Overdrive
    dB • QFXQ Delay
    dB • Re-Arrange
    dB • Vintage Delay
    dB • Vintage DirtDelay
    GSi • WatKat (free, in combination with a gate or it lingers)
    Line 6 • Pod Farm (internal delay modules)
    Logic • RingShifter, Echo, and other built-in ones of course
    Luxonix • LFX-1310 (free)
    MDSP • Analog Delay
    MDSP • Fire
    Michael Norris • Spectral Granulation (free)
    Michael Norris • Spectral Stretch (free)
    Michael Norris • Spectral Tracing (free)
    NI • Guitar Rig
    NI • Reaktor5 FX
    NI • Spektral Delay
    Ohm • Hematohm
    Ohm • Ohm Boyz
    Pluggo • Average Injector (free)
    Pluggo • FilterTaps (on buss) (free)
    Pluggo • Resonation (free)
    PSP • 42
    PSP • 84
    PSP • 608
    PSP • Nitro
    TAL • DUB (free)
    Tone2 • Warmverb
    U-He • Uhbik-D (delay)
    UA • CS-1 (Channel Strip)
    UA • DM-1 (Delay Modulator)
    Valhalla • FreqEcho (free)
    Waldorf • D-Pole (free)
  8. Judith Gruber-Stitzer

Dear Alien,
    That's quite a list with lots of fun plugins. Thanks for sharing that. I'll certainly check out the ones that I don't know.
  9. alienimplant

;D this missage was deemed too short so i am adding filler just to send you a smile and a wink! :p
  10. Judith Gruber-Stitzer

I think of all the postings I've ever written, this question about plugins ranks as one of the more fun ones!

Thanks again!!
  11. alienimplant

Using Logic's simple plugins can be really amazing too. My favorite Logic delay is Echo, but you can make it way more interesting by using it on a bus with tremolo (in panning mode) followed optionally by Autofilter. By combining Logic plugins you can get results that outperform many 3rd party plugins.