1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Upload size limitation

Discussion in 'Discuss The LUG Site' started by volovicg, Aug 23, 2015.

1. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

To the Administrator:
    The upload file button is now present below the text editor... Thank you!
    However in trying to upload only a 1.2Mb file ( which is quite small) - An error message is displayed indicating it exceeds the size. Can the file limit be increased to allow something reasonable - such as 10MB which would at least allow for a small gif animation to be uploaded. If you want folks to share logic projects I would suggest something much higher. Please advise us of your thoughts and final conclusion.

Edit: after testing it appears the current file upload limit is set to 1MB.
    Thanks

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  3. Markdvc

Markdvc Administrator Staff Member

While I can understand the convenience such a service might bring, unfortunately there is a cost aspect related to traffic/bandwidth which would at present make it financially impossible to host larger files to be downloaded by anyone interested. The LUG is run voluntarily, using both purchased forum software, as well as hosting which comes with a monthly cost.

Two suggestions: Would you be prepared to pay a monthly fee to be able to upload larger files, or, as an alternative, why not simply use dedicated cloud services such as dropbox?

kind regards

Mark

p.s. I moved this thread to the more appropriate"discuss the LUG" sub forum.

4. Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas Administrator Staff Member

I agree with Mark, but luckily we have just found a new way to host the forum and deal with server space.

Plus I noticed your gif examples are extremely well made and useful so I think we should increase the limit to at least 2MB

5. volovicg

volovicg Senior member

Thank you very much!!!!! That will certainly address my concerns and allow for more comprehensive and complete examples ( plus it makes it easier so I don't have to post twice)