1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logic 9 FILM SOUND FORMATS Help Please

Discussion in 'Logic 9' started by Michael F Clef, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Michael F Clef

Michael F Clef New Member

Hi Folks
    So I composed the music and sound design and dialog editing for a film which is being presented to several festivals. I bounced the whole Logic 9 project to a stereo mix wav file and sent it to the editor who is pasting it to their Final Cut project . The festival websites to upload the film are asking what is the "Sound Format' of the "preferred exhibition print." The choices on the site are: Dolby Digital EX; Magnetic; Sepmag/Cardboard; Dolby A; Dolby SR; Dolby Digital; SDDS; Dolby E; and LTRT. The director is asking me. I have no idea. Do I find the answer in my wav bounce settings? Or is the answer up to how the editor exports the project? HELP!!!! Thank you
  3. sonnykeyes

sonnykeyes Senior member

Your mix is currently what is called LoRo, which means it's an unencoded stereo mix. It's possible that some festivals might grudgingly accept that, but others may not. Those other formats would require doing a mixing session in a Dolby-certified studio or film post facility. How long is the film? I've worked at a Dolby Surround studio where they had a plug-in (Penteo?) that did a pretty good one-pass fake 5.1 breakout from a stereo mix, maybe you can find a place that will run your mix through this and make a version that all the festivals will accept...or maybe they'll all accept a LoRo after all! (Worth a couple of phone calls, no doubt!)
  4. Michael F Clef

Michael F Clef New Member

Thank You Mr. Keyes.